[mrtg] error writing .ok file

Wes Hall wes at armstrong.edu
Sun Sep 30 20:06:30 MEST 2001

I'm getting an error while running mrtg config files from a restricted directory.

ERROR: writing /opt2/etc/mrtg/network/xxx.xxx.xxx.xx.ok.ok: Permission denied at /opt2/bin/../lib/mrtg2/MRTG_lib.pm line 1171.

If I allow the group/user to write permissions there is no problem.  I thought this might be a lock file but that is being placed in tmp.

 mrtg /opt2/etc/mrtg/network/xxx.xxx.xxx.xx.cfg --lock-file=/tmp/lock

What is the .ok file?  It appears to be empty.
Is there any way to put it in another directory or just keep it from being produced?
I have named my config files mrtg.switches, mrtg.servers, mrtg.routers,etc since only one .ok files is produced is this causing any problems?( doesn't appear to be)

Why isn't it deleted after mrtg runs?

I have checked the manpage for mrtg and didn't see mention and the FAQ site has been done.

version: MRTG 2.9.17

Thanks wes