[mrtg] Re: how to change my cfg file

Sawyer, David david.sawyer at mckesson.co.uk
Thu Apr 4 10:40:37 MEST 2002

The reason your graphs are showing zero is because there are less than 300
discards/errors being generated per poll.

Only use the 'BITS' option when measuring traffic.

So, remove bits from the options[_] and add 'GAUGE' to get ever increasing
growing values.

But I don't like that way, I measure errors on a serial interface and I
multiply the target by the polling interval (300 seconds) to plot the amount
of errors generated within each 5 minute poll.
i.e.
Target[device]: OID1&OID2:public at host  *  300
Options[device]: growright, withzeros, nopercent, integer

If you want to measure the LOAD on an interface, you will need the 'GAUGE'
set in the options for that target.

HTH

David Sawyer

Email: david.sawyer at mckesson.co.uk

 www.geocities.com/mrtg_daemon
   MRTG/RRDTool daemon for Windows9x/ME/2k
   MRTG GUI ConfigMaker for Windows9x/ME/2k
   TopTalker - See who the top talkers are on your network
   TFTP Cisco configs automagically