[mrtg] newbie question about 3com and computernames

Simon ter Veen STVeen at RosenInspection.net
Tue Apr 23 14:30:21 MEST 2002

Hello!

I am rather new to MRTG - so if this question seems rather stupid please
forgive me :)

I am monitoring several 3com Switches (3300, 4400, 4900) and everything is
working fine.

My question is: does anyone know how i can automatically insert the name of
the computer which is connected to port xy into the html files?  Is there
some kind of script for that or some kind of options i can set??

Right now the output is "RMON Port 01 on unit 1" which should be something
like "Computername on unit Switchname". I could do it manually but with over
400 PCs it would be a bit to time-consuming ;)

I would be thankfull for any kind of help - even RTFM :)

Best regards,

Simon ter Veen
+49-591-9136-443
www.roseninspection.net

Isn't it funny ... when it goes by CAR its called SHIPment - but when it
goes by SHIP its called CARgo!