[mrtg] snmpget in a perl script

Cliff cliff at acsalaska.net
Thu Apr 25 17:19:58 MEST 2002

Hi folks.

I'm graphing an APC UPS.
There are several things that I would like to have
in the web page. Such as:

Last battery replacment date.
Total time the UPS has spent on the batteries.

Since this info is available via snmp I would
have to do an snmpget and then include that data
in the web page as an SSI. I can make the HTML
changes and configure apache to do CGI/SSI no problem.

I need an example of a stand-alone perl script
with an snmpget in it that would be suitable for
inclusion as an SSI. For example purposes anything
would do. I can change the snmpget line to make
it fetch whatever information I might want.

Could somebody spare me a perl snippet?

Thanks gurus.