[mrtg] Port errors on 6009

Hart, Kevin KHart at helixtechnology.com
Thu Aug 1 20:29:59 MEST 2002

Hello,
I am trying to graph total errors on some fast ethernet ports on a Cisco
Catalyst 6009 with MRTG.
The following is a partial config:
Target[errors3-48]:
ifInErrors#3/48&ifOutErrors#3/48:communitystring at ipaddress
MaxBytes[errors3-48]: 500000
Options[errors3-48]: nopercent, bits
Directory[errors3-48]: 6009\Interface-errors
YLegend[errors3-48]: errors
LegendO[errors3-48]:
ShortLegend[errors3-48]: &nbsp
LegendI[errors3-48]: Errors

The problem is that, although I am collecting data, the data seems to be
associated with the wrong port offset by 1,
in this case, port 3/47 instead of 3/48. When I do a "show counters 3/48" on
the switch,  the output does not match
the information in MRTG. But if I do a "show counters 3/47", the information
matches MRTG ??

Any information on what could be wrong would be appreciated.

Regards,
Kevin