[mrtg] Re: Port errors on 6009

Peter Glanville peter_glanville at cuk.canon.co.uk
Fri Aug 2 18:25:28 MEST 2002

Hello Kevin,
Not familiar with that Cisco, but does one list start at Port zero, while
the other is Port One?
That could explain the difference.

Regards
Peter

                    "Hart, Kevin"
                    <KHart at helixtechn       To:     mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
                    ology.com>              cc:
                    Sent by:                Subject:     [mrtg] Port errors on 6009
                    mrtg-bounce at list.
                    ee.ethz.ch

                    01/08/02 19:29

Hello,
I am trying to graph total errors on some fast ethernet ports on a Cisco
Catalyst 6009 with MRTG.
The following is a partial config:
Target[errors3-48]:
ifInErrors#3/48&ifOutErrors#3/48:communitystring at ipaddress
MaxBytes[errors3-48]: 500000
Options[errors3-48]: nopercent, bits
Directory[errors3-48]: 6009\Interface-errors
YLegend[errors3-48]: errors
LegendO[errors3-48]:
ShortLegend[errors3-48]: &nbsp
LegendI[errors3-48]: Errors

The problem is that, although I am collecting data, the data seems to be
associated with the wrong port offset by 1,
in this case, port 3/47 instead of 3/48. When I do a "show counters 3/48"
on
the switch,  the output does not match
the information in MRTG. But if I do a "show counters 3/47", the
information
matches MRTG ??

Any information on what could be wrong would be appreciated.

Regards,
Kevin