[mrtg] Re: graphing cpu/hard disk/memory usage with mrtg

Daniel drk at netophilia.net
Mon Aug 5 03:21:39 MEST 2002

So, what you are asking for is a quick 2 minute summary to show you how to do something that took many of us years to figure out? Sorry. If you are looking for snmp help, I would suggest googling "snmp beginner" or some other such term.

If you are looking for mrtg help, this is the list. This is not a list for general snmp help, although we usually will help out when needed since mrtg is (historically) an snmp utility.

I highly recommend sitting down and learning the information available from Tobias and others located at the mrtg main site (http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/), including the links area (http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/links.html).
I also recommend, for snmp on *nix/BSD stuff, to go to the main net-snmp page (http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/) and reading the available dosumentation (http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net/tutorial/ is a good start).

no offense, but I do not think anyone else (definitely not myself) has the time/patience to spoonfeed it much more than that.

Kevin S. Dome extolled:

> that site really did not help me out much, i am looking for something
> that will give me a comprehensive overview of snmp in general and will
> also walk me through the process of making the config to suppot
> alternative types of monitoring, i am very new to all this.
>

> --

    Daniel R. Kilbourne
    drk at netophilia.net