[mrtg] SNMP Stops Talking to MRTG

Ed Lafferty ed at boltstaff.com
Mon Aug 5 18:47:58 MEST 2002

I am running MRTG on a Win2K server, reporting on a group of Win2K servers.
On a fairly frequent basis (every two of three days), some of the the
monitored servers stop reporting values back to MRTG.  Once I bounce the
SNMP service on the affected machine, it starts reporting again.  The next
time this happens, either the same servers could stop reporting or it could
be others that are now being non-responsive.  Has anyone else experienced
this?  Is this a known issue?  Is there anything I can do to keep SNMP on
Win2K reporting all the time?

Thanks for any help,

Ed Lafferty
Mgr, Network Operations