[mrtg] Re: MRTG being "chatty"?

Patrick De Muynck patrick at dreamtech.gr
Thu Aug 8 16:07:37 MEST 2002

You can use OverTime from www.netic.com.au as an alternative.
It allows you to gather the SNMP data from OpenView,
whereas the WEB graphing is very similar to MRTG
(note that it uses RRDtool for storing the data).

Since you are actually using the snmpCollect from
OpenView, your implementation will be just as "chatty".
as snmpCollect is (somehow less chatty than MRTG
because snmpCollect uses GETBULK to deal with multiple
interfaces in a single SNMP request).