[mrtg] "ERROR: Let's not do the time warp, again"

Jonathan Nichols jnichols at pbp.net
Wed Aug 14 17:21:43 MEST 2002

Greetings all -
    Power failure today affected the box running MRTG. I rebooted it and
started up MRTG a little while later.. and now I get the following error:

ERROR: Let's not do the time warp, again. Logfile unchanged.
Rateup ERROR: /usr/local/mrtg-2/bin/rateup found that 192.168.10.2_17's log
file time of 1029353705 was greater than now
(1029338254)

I've left it alone for about 2 hours now, and the "greater than now" value
is increasing. The "log file time.." remains at 1029353705. Can I just
ignore it and hope that MRTG will catch up with itself or do I need to
remove the log files and let it start recreating them from scratch again?

Is there any way to prevent this from happening in the future?

Thanks!
-Jon