[mrtg] Re: Monitoring AIX 4-3-3 CPU load, Memory utilisation from MRTG running on w2k platform

KC kcnorden at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 16 15:15:36 MEST 2002

Fabulous!!!!  Ang, I am looking for the exact same
information.  If anyone can enlighten us, we would
both be grateful.

Ang, you can enable the snmp daemon on your AIX
machine and monitor the network traffic farely easily.
 http://public.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/ds-form is an
excellent place to search for 'snmp' and start the
daemon process.  To make sure it is working, get an
SNMP program (like getif) and walk the MIB's.

I have not yet found out how to monitor the CPU.  When
I walk the MIB's, the OID's that I want (like memUsage
and CPUusage) are not listed.  An AIX person told mr I
must add them in /etc/mibs.def, but I am not sure.

KC