[mrtg] Re: Name change

Greg.Volk at edwardjones.com Greg.Volk at edwardjones.com
Fri Aug 16 15:46:27 MEST 2002

What cfgmaker command line did you use to create the config files
originially?

It sounds like your switch IPs are not in DNS. I would strongly
suggsted that you put them in DNS and then use a cfgmaker command line
like:

cfgmaker --ifref=descr --ifdesc=descr --global "Options[_]: growright,
bits" --subdirs=HOSTNAME public at router

The above is for an IOS based box. If you have a catos based switch,
you will be better off changing '--ifref=descr' to '--ifref=name'.

If you can't put the switch/router IPs in DNS, then define them in your
MRTG machine's /etc/hosts, or \winnt\system32\etc\hosts file. Trying to
reference this stuff just by IPs is a mess (IMHO).