[mrtg] Re: Interfaces up/down

Greg.Volk at edwardjones.com Greg.Volk at edwardjones.com
Fri Aug 16 17:36:18 MEST 2002

}
}I have a 200+ port switch with the interfaces almost
}constantly going up/down due to additions/removals of host.
}Do I need to recreate the config file every time a change is
}made, or can I just uncomment every port in the config?  My
}thought was that if I uncomment everything, mrtg will puke (it
}commented it out for some reason).
}

Uncommenting commented out interfaces should not produce any
errors unless mrtg can not get the SNMP counter data. Most
devices offer counter data whether or not the interface is
up or down, so you should be okay for what you want to do.

Since you don't care about up/down status, try using the
--no-down flag on cfgmaker. Then you won't have to bother
uncommenting stuff unless the speed is set to zero.

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- Size: 2k (2190 bytes)