[mrtg] monitoring vpn connections on a PIX

Eric Garnel egarnel3470 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 19 16:00:42 MEST 2002

I have been asked to setup monitoring the number of vpn users on a
PIX.
So far the only Cisco MIB that seems to come close is: MIB COMPAT-MIB

and I am not sure if it will work with the PIX or not.

My other alternative is to use a perl script such as mrat and telnet
into the pix and do something like a "sh uauth" and then parse the
output.  I can set this up easily and have it email and/or use
BigBrother and swatch to monitor it, but I would really like to have
it in an MRTG graph as well.

Another route is to use IASparse and parse the IAS logs on the w2k
radius server, but that would be a round about solution, besides, it
already kicks a warning in BigBrother whenever someone fails to
authenticate.

Has anyone had any luck with this?
Thanks