[mrtg] Re: A Theory...

tony bourke tony at vegan.net
Mon Aug 26 19:13:55 MEST 2002

Hi Kevin,

With the way that SNMP works, this isn't possbile.  SNMP keeps track of
the bytes passing in and out of a physical Layer 2 interace, and is
unaware of Layer 3 IP addresses.  All SNMP is aware of for byte tracking
is the actual Ethernet interface.

However, there are ways to either ignore high spikes (but setting a
maximum) or to zero out high spikes with scripts.

Hope that helps,

Tony

Tony Bourke				tony at vegan.net