[mrtg] Re: A Theory...

Eric VDB ericvdb500 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 26 22:33:46 MEST 2002

Hi there,

i don't have any experience with MRTG, but if I read the manual i see the

Multi Target Syntax

You can also use several statements in a mathematical expression. This could
be used to aggregate both B channels in an ISDN connection or multiple T1s
that are aggregated into a single channel for greater bandwidth. Note the
whitespace arround the target definitions.
Example:

 Target[ezwf]: 2:public at wellfleetA + 1:public at wellfleetA * 4:public at ciscoF

So if you setup a counter for your laptop too, then i think it is possible
to do:

    Target[ezwf]: public at router (or server) - public at laptop

Give it a try, i didn't but had no use for this. If it works, it works, if
not, i'm sorry.

Greetings Eric - Italy