[mrtg] Re: Alteon 180E Total Sessions

Koelstra, J. (Jan) JKoelstra at MINSZW.NL
Tue Aug 27 09:48:33 MEST 2002

Jon,

As long as you do not use the 'gauge' option MRTG calculates the rate
per second. You can specify 'perminute' or 'perhour' at the options line
to get the numbers higher.

Jan.

-----Original Message-----
From: jon.hartman at verizon.com [mailto:jon.hartman at verizon.com]
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 11:10 PM
To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [mrtg] Re: Alteon 180E Total Sessions

As I understand the gauge option, it is used only when the counter is a
meter and not incrementing. In this case, it's total number of sessions,

so if I'm reading it correctly, I don't want to specify gauge.
Basically,
It's a counter32 value that constantly increments according to the
number
of sessions that have been load-balanced since the stats have last been
cleared. The 5-minute value should equal about 6000, but I'm getting
results between 10 and 20, instead.

Is MRTG taking the 6000 and dividing it by 300 to get the number per
second?

  Jon Hartman
  Network Engineering
  Verizon Internet Operations