[mrtg] Re: .ok files

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Mon Dec 9 21:43:48 MET 2002

I stand corrected.  Thanks for the correct info Jerry!  I guess it would have
helped if I would have RTFM'd a little more closely...

Paul

>>> Jerry Heidtke <jheidtke at fmlh.edu> 12/09/02 02:40PM >>>

Check the configuration reference at
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/reference.html.

Note that wherever a filename is specified in a command line option, you can
use a complete path name to put the lock, confcache, or log file anywhere
you want.

COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
--user username and --group groupname

Run as the given user and/or group. (Unix Only)

--lock-file filename

Use an alternate lock-file (the default is to use the configuration-file
appended with _l).

--confcache-file filename

Use an alternate confcache-file (the default is to use the
configuration-file appended with .ok)

--logging filename|eventlog

If this is set to writable filename, all output from mrtg (warnings, debug
messages, errors) will go to filename. If you are running on Win32 you can
specify eventloginstead of a filename which will send all error to the
windows event log.

NOTE:Note, there is no Message DLL for mrtg which has the side effect that
the windows event logger will display a nice message with every entry in the
event log, complaing about the fact that mrtg has no message dll. If any of
the Windows folks want to contribute one, they are welcome.