[mrtg] Re: Configuring MRTG on RH 8.0

Kerry Cox kerry.cox at ksl.com
Mon Dec 16 22:43:50 MET 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 11:37, Andrew Davis wrote:
> Try adding (or making sure they exist) /lib, /usr/lib, /usr/local/lib to
> /etc/ld.so.conf and re-run 'ldconfig -v'. Also, when compiling, make
> sure your path includes:
> /bin,/sbin,/usr/bin,/usr/sbin,/usr/local/bin,/usr/local/sbin & and other
> /bin or /sbin dir's on your system.

Andrew,
Thanks for the pointers.
I made sure these libraries existed and am still having problems.

[root at mickey root]# cd /usr/local/src/mrtg-2.9.25
[root at mickey mrtg-2.9.25]# echo $PATH
/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin

[root at mickey mrtg-2.9.25]# cat /etc/ld.so.conf
/usr/kerberos/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/lib/qt-3.0.5/lib
/usr/lib/sane
/usr/include
/usr/lib
/lib
/usr/local/lib

I made sure to run "ldconfig -v". Also, created the symbolic link
libgd.so that points to libgd.so.1.8.4.

[root at mickey lib]# ls -la libgd.so*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           14 Dec 16 09:28 libgd.so ->
libgd.so.1.8.4
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           14 Dec 11 11:52 libgd.so.1 ->
libgd.so.1.8.4
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           14 Dec 11 11:52 libgd.so.1.8 ->
libgd.so.1.8.4
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       197363 Jun 23 10:00 libgd.so.1.8.4

What gets me is that MRTG worked right out of the "box" per se with my
8.0 machine at work, but now is fouling on the configure script on my
two home machines. Just looking for any other possibilities since I do
have GD installed on all of the machine (both working and non-working)
the exact same.
Thanks again.
KJ

--