[mrtg] Re: Recommended SNMP utilities

Barry_Young at interliant.com Barry_Young at interliant.com
Tue Dec 17 19:12:57 MET 2002

One of the most prevalent Windows snmp utilities is GetIf, which is great
for walking down MIB structures and allows you to add additional MIB
definitions.  It has SNMP write capability, but I must admit this is
something that I have steared clear off.  Sorry but I disagree with using
such an insecure approach for updating network devices..this is my own
personal instinct, so no flaming please.

HTH

                      "Manny Jimenez"
                      <mannyj at wizguys.         To:      <mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch>
                      com>                     cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject: [mrtg] Recommended SNMP utilities
                      mrtg-bounce at list
                      .ee.ethz.ch

                      17/12/2002 17:54

Are there a group of recommended SNMP utilities everyone uses ?

Since, we don't have any Linux-based systems at the office, I am looking
for
some Windows-based or Dos-based utilities for pushing configs to SNMP
devices. These utilities should also be helpful in obtaining if-indexes for
setting up MRTG configs.

Any recommendations are appreciated...

Thanks,

Manny