[mrtg] MRTG logging problems

Moorhead, Godfrey Godfrey.Moorhead at ncp.co.uk
Thu Dec 19 10:36:49 MET 2002

I have a helper script that collects data from another server - the
data is the number of messages that have passed through it since the
last reboot.
When I use the gauge option it collect the data as below

1040204100 5255 7756
1040203800 5243 7749 5255 7756
1040203500 5228 7730 5242 7749
1040203200 5216 7713 5227 7729
1040202900 5212 7705 5215 7712
1040202600 5209 7695 5212 7705
1040202300 5202 7684 5209 7694
1040202000 5182 7663 5202 7683
1040201700 3227 4771 5180 7659
1040201400 0 0 0 0
1040201100 0 0 0 0
1040200800 0 0 0 0
1040200500 0 0 0 0
1040200200 0 0 0 0

When I remove the guage option, only the first line of the log is
update as below. Rateup should then only calculate the difference
between the current & last reading - shouldn't it ?

1040148732 273 364
1040148732 0 0 0 0
1040148425 0 0 0 0
1040148300 0 0 0 0
1040148000 0 0 0 0
1040147700 0 0 0 0
1040147400 0 0 0 0

What am I doing wrong ?

Here's the cfg file

WorkDir: D:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MRTG\Server
IconDir: /MRTG/Images
#---------------------------------------------------------------------
Target[server]:`cscript //nologo  D:\mrtg-2.9.25
\bin\vbscripts\SMTP_Msg.vbs server`
Options[server]: integer,nopercent,unknaszero,growright,gauge
MaxBytes[server]: 30
AbsMax[server]: 100000
Title[server]: server - Messages Delivered
PageTop[server]: <H1>server - Messages Delivered</H1>

#---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank's
Godfrey

NATIONAL CAR PARKS LIMITED DISCLAIMER

This e-mail, and any attachments hereto, are intended
for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
legally privileged material and confidential information
that is exempt from disclosure by law.  If you are not
the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby
of this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is strictly
prohibited and you must not read, use or take any action
in reliance on it.  If you have received this e-mail in
error, please immediately notify the Sender by telephone
+44-(0)870-606-7050 and permanently delete the original
and all copies of this e-mail and destroy any print-out
hereto.

National Car Parks Limited registered office -
21 Bryanston Street, Marble Arch, London W1H 7AB.
Registered in England and Wales.
Registered Number - 253240.