[mrtg] Re: change from Kilobytes to Megabits

Brander, Eric Eric.Brander at ACS-INC.com
Thu Dec 19 18:32:15 MET 2002

The BITS option will change from bytes to bits, however, the
kilo/mega/giga/tera prefixes can be changed with the KMG parameter.  RTM
under KMG for more details.  My guess is that just using the BITS option
will do what you need without having to change KMG.

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Matt Edwards [mailto:matt at netmds.com]
Sent:	Thursday, December 19, 2002 10:17 AM
To:	mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject:	[mrtg] change from Kilobytes to Megabits

How can you change your graph output from Kilobytes per sec. to Megabits per
sec?  Do you just put a multiplier in the server.cfg file?  Also, how will
this effect the graphs that are just in bytes and not kilobytes?  Finally,
when I make the change will it change what has already been graphed?  Thanks
in advance.

Matt Edwards