[mrtg] Re: Weird Graphs

Meyer, Douglas S. doug at dougm.com
Tue Dec 31 21:08:54 MET 2002

Hey all,

I am polling an OC-3 port on a Cisco 7206 router and I am seeing weird
anomalies on my graphs too.  See

http://noc-test3.cc.purdue.edu/stats/data/cisco-tel3/cisco-tel3_po2_0-da
y.png

I'm pretty sure the outbound spikes between ~3AM-10AM every day are not
happening, but I have no idea why they show up.  Is it because my
version of Rateup is having the same issues?  I only see it on this port
on this router, but I am not seeing it on other devices such as GigE
links that have fivefold the amount of traffic on that OC-3.

Here is my target definition:

Target[cisco-tel3_PO2_0]: #PO2/0:public at cisco-tel3:::::2
MaxBytes[cisco-tel3_PO2_0]: 19375000
Options[cisco-tel3_PO2_0]: growright, bits
Title[cisco-tel3_PO2_0]: #PO2/0 -- cisco-tel3
PageTop[cisco-tel3_PO2_0]: <center><h2>Cisco-Tel3 port 2/0<br>
 OC-3 Link to Switch & Data - Indianapolis</h2>
 <h3>Max Speed:19.5 MBytes/s 155 Mbits/s</h3></center>
Directory[cisco-tel3_PO2_0]: cisco-tel3

Thanks,
-Doug

On
> Behalf Of Hakan M. Durgut
> Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 8:06 AM
> To: mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
> Subject: [mrtg] Re: Weird Graphs
>
> I did the upgrade, and I am using 64-bit rateup but I still get the
same
> thing..
>
> Please see the image attached...
>
> Can anybody use MRTG for high bandwidths ? I mean higer than 100 - 150
> Mbps ?

Mbps,