[mrtg] rateup writing *.log file incorrectly

Trevor Pirman tpirman at mirapoint.com
Fri Feb 1 01:57:21 MET 2002

Hi,

I am at a loss with this problem.  Here is the situation:

1) I can run `snmpwalk` against the box I am trying to monitor and
legitimate values are returned for the oids I am requesting.

2) `mrtg` sees these same values.  I ran it in debug mode and could
clearly see that the values were there.

My problem is that nothing is showing up on a few of my graphs.  I
finally found by looking at the *.log files, that `rateup` is in fact
writing to *.log, but it is overwriting the previous value overtime it
runs. It is not filling in the next time slot so that it has more than
two points to graph.

Example:

#/usr/local/bin/mrtg /usr/home/tpirman/mrtg.cfg.test
#head mail.mirapoint.com-imap.log
1012496735 97 97
1012496735 0 0 0 0
1012496727 0 0 0 0
1012496700 0 0 0 0
1012496400 0 0 0 0
1012496100 0 0 0 0
1012495800 0 0 0 0
1012495500 0 0 0 0
1012495200 0 0 0 0
1012494900 0 0 0 0
#/usr/local/bin/mrtg /usr/home/tpirman/mrtg.cfg.test
#head mail.mirapoint.com-imap.log
1012497676 103 103
1012497676 0 0 0 0
1012496735 0 0 0 0
1012496700 0 0 0 0
1012496400 0 0 0 0
1012496100 0 0 0 0
1012495800 0 0 0 0
1012495500 0 0 0 0
1012495200 0 0 0 0
1012494900 0 0 0 0

Has anyone seen this before?  Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

-Trevor