[mrtg] confusion abt the MRTG graph

Sriram Sabesan mrtg_svr at rediffmail.com
Tue Feb 5 14:28:43 MET 2002

Hello all!
  This is Sriram mailing from India..i am new to this
list and also to MRTG..recently i configured MRTG to
monitor the traffic thru our router..
  the graph that is coming is confusing..the graph says
that green color line stands for incoming traffic and
blue for outgoing traffic...According to the graph
outgoing traffic is more than the incoming traffic...We
dont have a web server or a ftp server in our
college..so how can the outgoing traffic be more than
the incoming traffic...is it the case that the incoming
and outgoing traffic have to be interpreted in the
reverse way..please help me..
thanx in advance for the help..
best wishes,
Sriram