[mrtg] Re: MRTG-Ping-probe

Leigh Sharpe mrtg at pacificwireless.com.au
Thu Feb 7 04:10:46 MET 2002

Ping timeout can be changed by passing a -w switch to the command. eg ping
192.168.1.1 -w 5000 will give a 5 second timeout. Doesn't affect the
default, though. You need to pass the switch every time. However, ping-probe
dosen't accept any arguments other than -l and -k(?). It may need some
modifications to ping-probe. Mind you, if you put long timeouts on your
pings, it only slows down MRTG, doesn't it?