[mrtg] RRDTool/Inet configuration

Jay Christopherson jchristopherson at siteops.mfn.com
Thu Feb 7 22:25:37 MET 2002

Hey all-

I am trying to setup a situation where I have a remote script that posts
stats via inetd.  Currently, the script returns two values like this:

32
0

However, I am getting some weird returns:

1013116500: 3.2000000000e+01 0.0000000000e+00
1013116800: nan 0.0000000000e+00
1013117100: nan 0.0000000000e+00
1013117400: nan 0.0000000000e+00
1013117700: nan nan

It worked, and then stopped working.  Anyone know why or want to point
me to TFM on remote execution?  I read the doc on the main MRTG site,
but it is not very detailed on setting up remote execution and seems to
refer to rateup which I am not sure applies since I am using RRDTool.

Thanks-
Jay