[mrtg] snmpwalk not showing OID I want?

Michael Marziani michaelm at kw.com
Fri Feb 8 15:40:15 MET 2002

Let me start by saying I am fairly new to this MIB/OID thing.  I am
trying to get the mem and cpu usage off a Cisco router and found the OID
that I need, yet when I do an snmpwalk I don't see the OID.  Is this a
problem?  The config file I have for MRTG based on this OID is not
retreiving any information.  Could someone explain the interaction
between snmpwalk, MIBs, and OIDs or point me in the somewhere to RTFM?
I have been able to find very little substantial information on this.
Thanks!

-Mike