[mrtg] 1 minute MRTG patches

Nicolas Sayer Nick at loplop.net
Mon Feb 11 14:11:34 MET 2002

Some of you folks have been asking me, so I've setup a page about the
patches:

http://www.loplop.net/projects/1minMRTG

and a little documentation... Here's the synopsis:

 The 1 minute MRTG patches allow MRTG to work with 1 minute updates,
instead of the hardcoded 5 minutes. Not only the updating system (cron
in my case) has to run every minute, but a few things have to be
modified here and there so; so that the generated graphs and webpage
follow the 1 minute rythme.

It's allready heavy enough to generate images every 5 minutes. For 1
minute updates, RRDtool is a must. These patchs apply to MRTG using
RRDtool to store values. It hasn't been tested, and will probabily not
work with rateup. It's fairly easy to run MRTG with RRDtool, check out
the: MRTG and RRD tool document for a quick how-to, it's located on the
MRTG website.

cheers, Nicolas.
--
INRIA/DirDRI/VTHD - Tel:+331 3963 5976 - Fax:+331 3963 5114 - Mob:+336 63440227
Domaine de Voluceau - B.P. 105 Rocquencourt - 78153 - Le Chesnay CEDEX - FRANCE