[mrtg] Re: scripting question

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Feb 13 17:28:11 MET 2002

Technically, MRTG needs 4 items.  I've heard that the items
are somehow being checked in versions later than 2.9.17....

You need:

green number
blue number
system name
uptime of device

Paul

>>> <Daniel_Casey at jbhunt.com> 02/12/02 12:40PM >>>

I've looked at a set of tools called mrtgpme which as some really
nice perl scripts to get system information.

I don't know enough about MRTG at thsi point to know the answer
to this question, but why would the scripts generate the system output
along with an uptime?  Is this some that MRTG needs?

I haven't test the scripts yet, but I wonder what, if anything, it would
display?

Sample output might for something like CPU might look like:

1
22
16 days(s)

Just curious about the uptime figure.