[mrtg] Re: help in running scripts....cjk

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Feb 15 16:50:40 MET 2002

BB has nothing to do with this list...

Do you want to graph the usage?  You don't need .pl configured in your
browser.  You need to read up a bit on how mrtg uses external program
interfaces.  I'm sure the group can help, but you need to define how
you are going to obtain the values.

Is mrtg collecting stats for any network devices now?  If so, you've got
all you need to run external scripts.

For example, I have a really simple script that takes the "uptime" output and puts the 1 and 15 minute averages into the RRD.  I also have a script to compute time in user and time in system mode.  (thanks Alex!)

Is this the kind of stuff you want, or do you want the snmp way of doing it?

Paul

>>> Frank Carreiro <fcarreiro at loweryinc.com> 02/15/02 10:39AM >>>

http://bb4.com

I recommend them highly.