[mrtg] problems External Monitorin Script

Jesús Antonio Montes Montes montes at fedro.ugr.es
Tue Feb 19 08:47:07 MET 2002

Dear sir:

I´ve been working on MRTG softtware and I´ve found the following problem: I´m using MRTG for doing statistics of the servers usage. I get data from an EXTERNAL MONITORING SCRIPT. Every 30 minutes I use the configuration file along with getting samples. This script gets the 4 lines which MRTG needs to work. These lines are the following:

number of current users
number of total users
date '+%d/%m/%y - %H:%M'
number of users

All this works pretty well. The problem comes when a random day I´m no able to pice up the samples of a determinated server and the following day, I hok MRTG for updating the samples of the statistics I didn´t read before.

I thought that I was going to be able to configurate it in order to get statistics from data sampling taken before than right now.

What MRTG does is to capture data right now and making statistics with previons samples an current samples all together

the .cfg file I´m using is the following:

Target[xx]:`/disk6/home/jmontes/mrtg/pruebas/numero_usuariosaxx`
WorkDir:/disk6/home/jmontes/mrtg/pruebas/web
Options[xx]: gauge integer nopercent noinfo
XSize[_]:600
WriteExpires:Yes
Language:spanish

MaxBytes[xx]:24
AbsMax[xx]: 1000
XSize[xx]: 600
YSize[xx]: 225
Title[xx]: Numero de Usuarios en el Servidor xx
YLegend[xx]: Usuarios por Servidor
ShortLegend[xx]: Usuarios por Servidor
Legend1[xx]: Numero de Usuarios Actuales en el Servidor
Legend2[xx]: Numero de Usuarios Totales en el Servidor
#Legend3[aceuta]: Maximal 5 Minute Incoming Traffic
#Legend4[aceuta]: Maximal 5 Minute Outgoing Traffic
LegendI[xx]:  Usuarios Actuales:
LegendO[xx]:  Usuarios Totales:
PageTop[xx]: <H1>Servidor de XX
 </H1>
 <TABLE>
   <TR><TD>Servidor:</TD><TD> xx  </TD></TR>
   <TR><TD>Descripcion:</TD><TD> Usuarios en el Servidor xx tomados cada 30 minutos por hora(15 Y 45)</TD></TR>
   <TR><TD>Contacto:</TD><TD> jmontes at ugr.es </TD></TR>
 </TABLE>

What am I doing wrong?
Is there a problem of the .cfg file or the way I give the samples?