[mrtg] Re: No one seeing the Cisco clear counter issue?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Feb 19 13:22:41 MET 2002

Cisco changed their snmp implementation some time ago (don't know exactly
when, but probably around IOS v11.0), and now when you "clear counters" it
also resets the snmp counters to zero. Reading the FAQ and other mrtg stuff,
it says any value _greater_ than MaxBytes is discarded. That does not seem
to be true as manually inspecting the *.log file clear shows values far
in excess (100 to 1000 times greater) of MaxBytes.

Am I missing something or mis-reading the doc?