[mrtg] invalid character 34 in exportstr for "" MRTG_INT_DESCR

hysteriaweb hysteriaweb at charter.net
Wed Feb 20 03:14:38 MET 2002

/home/mrtg/scripts/getcmp: invalid character 34 in
exportstr for "" MRTG_INT_DESCR

why do I get this message???
I still get the results but I get errors which pop up on
my terminal and it is very annoying. The format of ther
last two fields has been verified against a script that
works!

I check in a hex editor that there was nothing odd in the
file!

please help!!

here is the script output

[root at bubba: /home/mrtg/scripts] ./getcmp
46
38
1 day, 3:29
SB4100

here is the section of mrtg.conf

-----------------
Target[cmpowerlevels]: `/home/mrtg/scripts/getcmp`
YLegend[cmpowerlevels]: Power Levels

ShortLegend[cmpowerlevels]: dBmV

MaxBytes[cmpowerlevels]: 60

Options[cmpowerlevels]: gauge

WithPeak[cmpowerlevels]: ymwd
Colours[cmpowerlevels]:
GREEN#00eb0c,BLUE#0000ff,GRAY#AAAAAA,VIOLET#ff00ff
Legend1[cmpowerlevels]: UP PL:
Legend2[cmpowerlevels]: DOWN PL:

LegendI[cmpowerlevels]: UP PL:
LegendO[cmpowerlevels]: DOWN PL:

Title[cmpowerlevels]: Cable Modem Power Levels

PageTop[cmpowerlevels]: <H1>Cable Modem Power Levels</H1>