[mrtg] Re: I already "RTFM" but I am still confused about the logfileformat...

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Feb 21 21:31:12 MET 2002

How about this?  I already have a script that runs through
all your html files and posts the top talkers...

If you'd like it, let me know.

Paul

>>> "Kyle STA" <KyleM at bvu.edu> 02/21/02 02:01PM >>>

Ok, I understand what each column in my mrtg logfile is.  What I don't
understand is what happens to those numbers to get the numbers displayed
in the html.

For instance:  I am interested in grabbing all of the average-in and
average-out  data from over a hundred devices that I am currently
montoring to find the top-ten most used.  I have mrtg working fine.  I
looked at the logfile and have tried any number of calculations on the
second and third column to get them to equal what is shown on the
webpage underneath the graphic for "Average In:  xkb/s" and "Average
Out:  xb/s".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[More data...don't know if this is needed or not:]
Col 2
1927
1938
1623