[mrtg] Big Trouble

Giuliano Cardozo Medalha giuliano at usp.br
Fri Feb 22 23:14:01 MET 2002

Hi everyone,

I am a new user of mrtg.

I am from Brasil and now I am working on a university

My main task is to create a managment/monitoring system based on free tools

I have got mrtg because of compatibility with market standards (talking
about devices)

But, for now I have I big Trouble:

I am using a Cahssis solution from CISCO SYSTEMS (7513 router series)

This chassis have about 7 slots with serial, atm and ethernet interfaces

OK its easy to put the software to monitor in / out traffic

Therefore when a person change the interfaces of slot, I have problems and
have to rewrite all the script (because of the number of the field target)

Does anyone can see a solution for that ?

I was thinking about dont use cfgmaker and put the oid for each interfaces

What do you think about it

Thank you a lot

Giuliano