[mrtg] Re: mrtg log file with bunches of 0's

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Sun Feb 24 23:17:05 MET 2002

I'm betting you need the gauge option.

Paul

>>> "Wupsje" <mrtg at wps.tmfweb.nl> 02/24/02 16:00 PM >>>

Hi,

Running the latest version (2.9.18pre1) on a windows 2000 machine..
Everything working well, until a tried adding a new counter.
I've managed to write my own console application that parses a CSV text file
outputted by the windows performance counter.
Now the problem is that the final .log file that mrtg creates is basically
filled with 0's.
Except the top line, which shows the right value eg

1014484123 0 43493
1014484123 0 0 0 0
1014482919 0 0 0 0
1014482700 0 0 0 0
1014482400 0 0 0 0
1014482100 0 0 0 0
1014481800 0 0 0 0
1014481500 0 0 0 0

Just in case you might ask for it i've also included my .cfg file

Workdir: c:\mrtg\victor

Title[files]: Test
Pagetop[files]: <H1>Test Page</H1>
MaxBytes[files]: 10000000
Options[files]: growright, noinfo
Target[files]: `getvalue2 c:\perflogs\test.csv "\\TESTWEB\Web
Service(Test)\Total Files Received" "\\TEST\Web Service(Test)\Total Files
Sent"`

Now i've obviously overlooked something, just can't figure out what :(
Can someone help me?

Wouter