[mrtg] Re: mrtg log file with bunches of 0's

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Mon Feb 25 00:03:12 MET 2002

It really all depends on how you want to look at the
usage statistics (BTW, IMHO I don't think MRTG is very
good for this).

If you want to see the rate at which pages were viewed
in a 300 second window, no, you shouldn't need gauge
or absolute.

Now that I think about it, it really sounds like the Maxbytes value may be too low.

Paul

>>> "Wupsje" <mrtg at wps.tmfweb.nl> 02/24/02 17:46 PM >>>

To be clear.. i'm trying to log the pages served by a particular website eg
(incrementing (non resetting) counters)
Shouldn't need for gauge or absolute then should I?