[mrtg] Re: Problems with multiples config files

RCayton at horine.com RCayton at horine.com
Wed Feb 27 01:39:01 MET 2002

i assume you have done a ps -ef | grep mrtg ???

does the .pid file reappear?

maybe you have some sort of mixup in your config file that is trying to run
mrtg again?

Ryan Cayton
Technical Analyst
Horine and Associates, LLC.

                    Juan Jose Natera
                    Abreu                   To:     mrtg <mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch>
                    <jnatera at net-uno.       cc:
                    net>                    Subject:     [mrtg] Problems with multiples config files
                    Sent by:
                    mrtg-bounce at list.
                    ee.ethz.ch

                    02/26/2002 02:22
                    PM

Hello all,

We have a server running to monitor many routers, we are using
mrtg-2.9.10 and I have found a problem I can figure out how to
solve.

We have like 12 .cfg files monitoring diferent stuff and I needed
to add a new one, so i built up the new .cfg, add the new file to our
mrtg start script and everything seemed to work fine. Then I had to
restart it and suddenly it couldn't handle the new .cfg anymore:

ERROR: I Quit! Another copy of mrtg seems to be running. Check
cfg/mrtg-corpmbo.pid

And the file is there, I delete, start the mrtg again and i get the same
msg, I tryed putting another name to the cfg and it didnt get any
better, I got the same error msg.

Every cfg file has a diferent name.

what is happening?

Regards,