[mrtg] AW: AW: run mrtg on a different machine as thewebserver

Oliver Ziltener ziltener at netcloud.ch
Tue Jan 8 20:39:46 MET 2002

Thanks

The mrtg is a win 2000 machine, the webserver is a cobalt webserver (apache).
We don't like to map any drives, so we don't want to share any drive with
nfs, samba or win2000 share or what else.
(We have the webserver in the dmz and our mrtg inside our network and our
security police does not allowed sharing drives between dmz and inside).

Perhaps-one way seems to use ftp and a script
But I think it is time to study rrd stuff...

best regards
Oliver