[mrtg] Re: MRTG and timeticks

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Jan 10 16:36:03 MET 2002

If you know a bit of perl or shell scripting, you could do one
of a few things...

Do you want to graph in hours minutes, or seconds?

Based on what you want, you could try your hand with an external script,
just doing some simple math to convert it to a time that you want and
MRTG understands.

Then, just output it twice...

Paul
>>> <lindsay.hunt at power.alstom.com> 01/10/02 09:40AM >>>

Hello,

I am monitoring some APC UPSs and can graph the output load and battery
charge remaining.  I now want to monitor the estimated minutes remaining.
The mib reports this time remaining in the following format (timeticks):

     0:15:00

MRTG is expecting a number and doesn't know how to handle this data.  Has
anyone developed a method of dealing with data in this format?

Lindsay Hunt
Network Engineer
Alstom Power
phone 804-763-7239
mobile 804-334-1682
fax 804-763-7107

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may
be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for
any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.