[mrtg] Re: polling using SNMP V2c problem

Dave Beecher david_beecher at icgcomm.com
Thu Jan 10 17:53:31 MET 2002

I had the same problem.  I think mrtg may indeed be snmp v2c compatible
as advertised, but Perl is not.  I haven't had a chance to confirm this
in detail but you are not alone.  I toasted 6 months worth of data
experimenting with this....

:)
Dave

Yannis Nikolopoulos wrote:

> Should I assume that no-one uses SNMP V2c or that nobody
> who does, has experienced the problem I've mentioned?
>
> I've also realised that I cannot graph a sonet sub interface
> using SNMP V2c. I get the same error message.
>
> On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 04:51:29PM +0200, Yannis Nikolopoulos wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I recently upgraded from 2.8.4 to 2.9.17 in order to
> > use SNMP V2c for polling. Things seem to work but i
> > get quite a few of these:
> >
> > ----
> > WARNING: Expected a number but got '#<unprintable BER type 0x81>'
> > ----
> >
> > if this ASCII hex its not a printable char. Anybody got any ideas?
> >
> > --
> > Yannis Nikolopoulos             OTEnet S.A. Internet Service Provider
> > yanodd at otenet.gr                Tel: +30 10 3826199
> >

> --
> Yannis Nikolopoulos             OTEnet S.A. Internet Service Provider
> yanodd at otenet.gr                Tel: +30 10 3826199

David Beecher, Sr. UNIX Consultant
ICG Communications, Inc.
david_beecher at icgcomm.com  303-414-5072 desk

NOTE:  UNABLE TO ATTEND MEETINGS BETWEEN
	0000-1000, 1130-1330, 1600-2359 DAILY