[mrtg] Alerting script

Joe Torsitano joet at weatherforyou.com
Sun Jan 13 20:44:26 MET 2002

In the online manual, it is said that MRTG can "...detect threshold problems
for the various targets and can call external scripts to handle those
problems (send email or a page to an administrator)."  I've been searching
high and low for scripts to do this but haven't found any.  Are there any
e-mail or pager scripts already available to do this?  I'm running Linux,
Apache, Q-Mail (can do sendmail).

Thanks in advance for any advice.  And thanks to those that wrote the
scripts included with the package.  This has shown amazing things about my
server... now I want to know when amazing things happen.

Joe Torsitano