[mrtg] Re: mrtg strange error

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Jan 16 05:29:06 MET 2002

MRTG requires two items.  Just repeat the same OID
twice and put an & in between them unless you want to
graph something else along with icmpOutMsgs (maybe
icmpInMsgs?).

Paul

>>> "fred" <fcarioca at netcourrier.com> 01/15/02 17:24 PM >>>

hello,

i have encountred a strange error....

i have a debian server (potato) with mrtg and i want to monitore some =
others servers like netware or nt..
i have tested with an nt one..
i have installed snmp with the community public in read only mode
snmp is installed in my debian server and i've tried cfgmaker =
public at 192.168.0.3

ok great it works!

next, i've made an snmpwalk -O n 192.168.0.1 public
i've choise one oid entry and i've tried snmpget .1.3.6.1.2.1.5.14.0
and displayed: icmp.icmpOoutMsgs.0=3D31

ok the i ve put it in my mrtg script and start mrtg test.cfg ..
then errors ...:

snmpget problem for ipadentifindex.1.3.6.1.2.1.5.14.0 on =
public at 192.168.0.3
SNMP error: nosuchname
index1 (oid: 1.3.6.1.2.1.22.1.10)
SNMPGET problems for ifinOctets. ifOutOctets. sysuptime sysname on
public at 192.168.0.3

i've joined my basic config file

it seems very strange....can you help me?

thank you very much

fr=E9d=E9ric

-- Type: application/octet-stream
-- Size: 1k (1934 bytes)