[mrtg] Re: mrtg

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Jan 16 13:46:23 MET 2002

I'm not too sure what you are asking here, but some strong points to consider for using MRTG.

The data files do not grow, the data gets averaged as
it gets old, which will still represent any trends in
the data you are collecting.

It is a fast, easy way to collect numbers and put them
into a consolidated area.

It is widely used.  I can't tell you the number of
times a commercial company has come into my bank
touting this "great" new product they have just come
up with.  Nine times out of ten, the sales people will
talk for an hour about how important trending is in
today's business world, how pictures are worth a
thousand words, blah blah, and then they bring some
graphs up that look exactly like MRTG.  I usually just
sit back and let my boss point out that we already
have what they are selling, and are using it for all
sorts of data collection already.

Flexibility is another strong point.

So, what are you expecting us to "submit" to you?  How
each of us uses MRTG?  I'm confused.

Paul

>>> <fcarioca at netcourrier.com> 01/16/02 06:07 AM >>>

Hello!

i'm a french student and i will present mrtg for my oral exam.
i would like to know yours feelings about the functionnalities that i must insist to make an interesting presentation.
I must speaking aproximately 25 min the day of my exam..
Have you an eventual plan to submit? or possible ideas?

thank you!

fred