[mrtg] Re: BGP Neighbor Prefix Received

Simon Leinen simon at limmat.switch.ch
Wed Jan 16 15:26:18 MET 2002

> I want to show BGP Neighbor Prefix Received with snmp, but I can't
> find any OID.

router> sh ip bgp s
> Neighbor  V    AS MsgRcvd MsgSent   TblVer  InQ OutQ Up/Down State/PfxRcd
> 1.2.3.4   4 12345  140149   17713    14038    0    0 6d02h       12345
> 							         ^^^^^

> I would like to show PfxRcd (12345).

I agree that it would be nice if that were possible, but...

> I find MsgRcvd and MsgSent OIDs, but I can't find PfxRcd OIDs.
> Anyone know anything about these ?

...this is not supported by the current BGP-4 MIB (RFC 1657).

Cisco's new CISCO-BGP4-MIB.my doesn't have such an object either, and
anyway Cisco has only just started to implement this.

The Second Version of the BGP-4 MIB is just being discussed in the
IETF (idr Working Group), and it does contain these counters.  Look
for "bgpPrefixCountersEntry" in the draft (currently
draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mibv2-01.txt).  But this MIB is still somewhat in
flux, and it might take a while until it is supported by vendors.
Simon Leinen				       simon at babar.switch.ch
SWITCH				   http://www.switch.ch/misc/leinen/

	       Computers hate being anthropomorphized.