[mrtg] Modifying Data mrtg is monitoring.

Sven eschenb at informatik.uni-frankfurt.de
Thu Jan 17 01:44:14 MET 2002

Hello Fellas,

   I browsed thru the documentation, but couldn'T find an answer to
   this. How do I force mrtg to modify the data it monitors ? In my
   case, I want everything monitored for one Target, multiplied with a
   constant value.

   The Problem is: I am trying to monitor the ATM Uplink Port of a
   3Com Switch, and the IfInOctets actually seems to count the number
   of ATM Cells, not the octets. So I kinda need tomultiply all values
   with 384 (Number of Playload Octets) To get somewhat Useful numbers
   of transferred bytes.

   Thanks for any help ...

--
Regards,
 Sven                          mailto:eschenb at cs.uni-frankfurt.de

 In the immortal words of an Anonymous Coward:
 "Emacs is a nice OS - but it lacks a good text editor.
  That's why I am using Vim."