[mrtg] Template files

Spicer, David David_Spicer at fmi.com
Fri Jan 18 16:01:19 MET 2002

I have MRTG up and running on a BSD box.  Graphing traffic.  I want to start
making config files for graphing errors.  This will take a long time.  I
have looked around for instructions for using template files. I see alot of
documentation on variables, cfgmaker switches, etc.  But I don't see a very
simple how-to for making a cfg file with a template file.  So I tell
cfgmaker to make a config file, with the if-template switch?  There are
variables in the template file.  (i.e., $CFGNAME, $DEVICE, $INSTANCE).  Do I
replace these variables in the template file myself?  Will cfgmaker see the
variables and ask me to key in the values?  Very simply, how do I use a
template file?