[mrtg] Re: Redhat setup for MTRG

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Tue Jan 22 00:22:41 MET 2002

You need to make sure you have at a very minimum:

a compiler
perl
some of the graphic libraries

I have tried two approaches, one went well the other
one went really bad.  I installed everything and them
removed things one by one to find out what I could
stop moving things.  That went well.  I tried to
install the minimum and track down what I needed, and
gave up after about 3 days.  I'm still working on
putting in a server that requires just the stuff
needed, but it has been my primary focus lately.

Paul

>>> "Hewett, Nigel" <Nigel.Hewett at compaq.com> 01/21/02 10:59 AM >>>
I what packages should I install from the redhat 7.2 cd to be able to
run mrtg ie should I select workstation / server www server etc....

Thanks

Nigel