[mrtg] Re: Unscaled doesn't seem to be working.

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Thu Jan 24 06:02:02 MET 2002

It will go Unscaled to 2000 as long as no data exists above that.  If there is
data above 2000, it will scale.  Do you want it to be unscaled up to
17000?  Then put MaxBytes in there of 17000.  If you want Unscaled to 17000 AND a neat red line at 2000, I'm not sure you can do that.

Maybe upgrade to a more recent version of MRTG?

Paul

>>> Brock Henry <bhenry at shorelink.nsw.gov.au> 01/23/02 06:14PM >>>

Hello,

I have read the FAQ's and manuals and googled for help to this answer, but I'm still lost.

I am monitoring several links, and want the graphs to be comparable, so I do not want them to scale.

I have in my configuration file

MaxBytes[blah]: 2000
AbsMax[blah]: 17000
Unscaled[blah]: ymwd

for all the relavant interfaces, but they are still scaled all over the
place, with the maximum on the Y axis being different for each one.

I am using mrtg-2.9.6, on a redhat 7.0 box.

The images have updated, and I waited overnight to see if any thing strange was happening timewise, as I read some other people experienced.

Can anyone help me with this? WHat have I done wrong.

Brock Henry

** Brock Henry - brockh at ozemail.com.au (H) - bhenry at shorelink.nsw.gov.au (W) **
** Adventure? Excitement? A Jedi craves not these things.**